Minelab Equinox 800 - £879.00 inc vat
Latest News: The first shipment of the Minelab Equinox has finally arrived at our store and we have begun dispatching the product to the UK Minelab dealers and customers at the top of our pre-order list.
Due to the exceptionally high demand for this machine we are only able to fulfill a limited number of orders from the first shipments. As demand outweighs supply, it will remain on pre-order until our order list is completed and we have a standing stock. When we do have stock on the shelves, we will update here and the availability status on this page will change from Pre-Order.
Be assured that remaining orders will be sent out as soon as further shipments are received over the coming weeks. We thank you for your continued patience.
Pre-Order your Equinox from CMD Now!
Call us on 01724 845608 or complete the Form here, to reserve your Equinox by supplying us with your email address and telephone number. Joining the list now, you can currently expect to wait 4 to 6 weeks to receive your order. Please note we are keeping a waiting list strictly based on a first come first served basis but we are not taking deposits or payment until we have available stock to complete your order. When your name comes to the top of the list we will contact you to confirm the order and take payment.
The Equinox Series
The EQUINOX Series has been designed for the serious coin & treasure enthusiast looking to upgrade to a high performance detector, without the high cost. It's also suitable for the new detectorist, having several pre-set modes for different detecting locations. Simply set the mode according to the location, and go!
The EQUINOX Series features Minelab's all new Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency technology and combines fast recovery speed with depth in any ground type and features low latency wireless audio.
- Simultaneous Multi-Frequency
- The best of all worlds with low frequencies picking up large, deep targets and high frequencies sensitive to small objects. Plus the wide range of single frequency settings.
- 8 Custom Search Profiles
- Save your two favorite settings profiles for each of the four search modes.
- Waterproof Design
- Waterproof for up to 3 meters, the Equinox is ideal for detecting in rivers, lakes or in the surf.
- Fast & Accurate Target ID
- Super fast recovery speed and accurate target ID to pick out the real targets among the trash.
- Sleek & Lightweight
- The tough lightweight design will help keep you detecting for longer in all conditions.
- Advanced Audio Settings
- Have full control over exactly how much target information you hear.
- High-Speed Wireless Audio
- Fast wireless audio with either the WM 08 or fast aptX™ Low Latency / Bluetooth headphones.
- Gold Detecting Mode
- Using the high single frequencies of 20kHz or 40kHz to detect nuggets in mineralised ground.
Four Detecting Modes
- For trashy areas, such as parks and public places.
- For less trashy historical sites with a broad range of target sizes.
- Suitable for wet or dry sand and underwater detecting.
- For searching mineralised ground to find gold nuggets.
Each search mode had two custom search profiles which can be saved, giving eight custom profiles in all.
The Pack Includes:-
- The Minelab Equinox 800 Multi-Frequency Metal Detector
- Wireless Bluetooth / apt-X Low Latency headphones
- WM 08 wireless audio module
- USB charging cable with magnetic connector
- Multi-language screen protectors
- Getting Started Guide
Full Specifications click here
- Detect Modes
- Four modes with two custom profile for each.
- Operating Frequencies kHz
- 5, 10, 15, 20, 40 & Multi.
- Noise Cancel
- A range of -9 to +9 in Manual mode, or Auto.
- User Profile Button
- Ground Balance
- Auto or Manual.
- 1 to 25
- Target Volume
- 0 to 25
- Threshold Level
- 0 to 25
- Threshold Pitch
- 0 to 25
- Target ID
- 50 segment notch discrimination: -9 to 0 for Ferrous, 1 to 40 for Non-ferrous.
- Target Tones
- 1, 2, 5, 50
- Tone Break
- Ferrous or Non-ferrous
- Tone Pitch
- Ferrous or Non-ferrous
- Tone Volume
- Ferrous or Non-ferrous
- Depth Indicator
- Five Levels
- Standard Coil
- Waterproof 11 inch Double-D Smart coil with cover.
- Audio Output
- In-built loudspeaker
- 3.5mm headphones
- Bluetooth compatible
- WM 08 Wi-Stream compatible
- Bluetooth and aptX™ Low Latency headphones (non waterproof)
- WM 08
- Monochrome LCD with variable brightness backlight.
- In-built rechargeable Lithium-ion battery; Approx 12 hours run time.
- 1440mm (56.7")
- 1.34kg (2.96lbs)
- Waterproof to 3 meters, 10 feet.
- Key Technologies
- aptX™ Low Latency
- Other Accessories
- USB Charging cable (1.5A), Multi Language Screen protectors.
- Software Upgrade
- Via USB connection on Windows and OSX.
- 3 years control box and coil.
You can read more about the Equinox 800 on Minelab's own website.
Download the full Instruction Manual here.
Videos - A bit more about the Equinox Series:
And the recovery speed!
More Equinox videos available on Minelab's Youtube channel here.
Call us on 01724 845608 to place your Pre-Order
Equinox 600 and 800 Comparison Guide
Can't decide whether to go for the 600 or the 800? With glowing reviews of the two machines already coming in it is clear that both models are living up to the hype and are worthy of consideration for any detectorist. But you may be asking yourself whether you actually need the extra features of the 800 version. This comparison table will show you the key differences between the two models and help you decide which Equinox is the right detector for you.
|Equinox 600||Equinox 800|
|Custom Search Profiles||Six (Two per detect mode)||Eight (Two per detect mode)|
|User Profile Button||No||Yes|
|Operating Frequencies (kHz)||Auto | 5 | 10 | 15||Auto | 5 | 10 | 15 | 20 | 40|
|Noise Cancel||Auto||Auto | Manual (-9 to 9)|
|Ground Balance||Auto | Manual|
|Sensitivity||1 to 25|
|Target Volume||0 to 25|
|Threshold Level||0 to 25|
|Threshold Pitch||Fixed||0 to 25|
|Target ID||50 segment notch discrimination: Ferrous: -9 to 0 | Non-ferrous: 1 to 40|
|Target Tones||1 | 2 | 5 | 50|
|Tone Break||Ferrous||Ferrous | Non-Ferrous|
|Tone Pitch||Ferrous||Ferrous | Non-Ferrous|
|Tone Volume||Ferrous||Ferrous | Non-Ferrous|
|Recovery Speed||1 to 3||1 to 8|
|Iron Bias||0 to 3||0 to 9|
|Depth Indicator||5 Levels|
|Length||1440 mm (56.7 inch)|
|Weight||1.35 kg (2.96 lbs)|
|Supplied Coil||11 inch Double-D Smart coil with cover (waterproof to 3m/10')|
|Included Headphones||Wired 3.5mm (1/8")||Bluetooth® aptX™ Low Latency|
|WM 8 Included||No||Yes|
|Display||Monochrome LCD Display with Backlight|
|Backlight Levels||On | Off||Off | High | Medium | Low|
|Battery||Internal Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery|
|Battery Life||Approx 12 Hours|
|Waterproofing||3 meters (10 feet)|
|Other Accessories||USB Charging cable | Multi-language screen protectors|
|Software Upgradeable||Via USB on Windows or Mac OS|