Minelab's X-Terra Metal Detectors
boast a radical new single frequency technology (VFLEX) that will guarantee you success in the field, where it matters.
Minelab's VLFEX technology uses state of the art digital and mixed-signal components to enhance standard single frequency technology by replacing most of the analogue circuitry with digital signal processing. The small amount of analogue circuitry still employed has been very carefully designed and calibrated to obtain the outstanding sensitivity, stability and repeatability required to match the performance of the processing in the digital domain. This radical departure from traditional approaches to metal detector design has been made possible by advances in electronics that power personal digital assistants, cell phones and high fidelity portable audio equipment. For the X-Terra user, this precision means dependable performance and improved immunity to environmental conditions such as ground mineralisation, electromagnetic interference and temperature variations. VFLEX technology requires coils that are accurately constructed and calibrated. Every time the detector starts up, the micro-controllers in the control box and the coil establish communication through a digital data link. Information about the coil is sent to the control box, so the detector "knows" what type of coil is attached and can set the correct operating parameters. This optimises the performance and also makes the detector 'future proof' in that it will be capable of operating with different frequency coils available soon.
Minelab X-TERRA 505 with 10.5" DD Coil - The perfect all rounder!
Minelab X-Terra 505 includes
- Coil cover
- Control box cover
- Free UK delivery
The X-TERRA 505 is the high performance, mid-range detector in the new generation Minelab X-TERRA Series. With advanced capability, great depth and excellent discrimination, the X-TERRA 505 is the ideal all-rounder to take your detecting experience to the next level. The X-TERRA 505 now has full frequency capability and can adapt easily to coin & treasure and relic hunting. This model features as standard the 10" DD widescan search head, the same as is fitted on the X-Terra flagship, the 705. This coil is regarded as the best option for UK and European soil conditons.
- Minelab’s proprietary "True Digital" VFLEX technology, the new class of single frequency detectors – you can change the operating frequency simply by changing coils.
- Compatible with low frequency (LF) 3kHz coils as well as medium 7kHz and high frequencies 18.75kHz. The LF coil option is ideal for hunting large, deep targets. All seven X-TERRA Coils can now be used on the X-TERRA 505.
- Increased Ground Balance capability, range now (0-50), allowing the user to adjust to ground mineralization
- Extra detecting pattern – Now features three preset detecting patterns, that can also be customised, plus All Metal mode.
- Choice of 1,2,3 or 4 Tone ID’s plus Multi-tone Target ID (19) response options increasing your flexibility in deciding how target signals are represented.
- Larger discrimination range allowing for finer discrimination of high conductive targets.
- Increased Noise Cancel range, now 5 manual settings, allowing greater choice of detecting channel. Increased Target Volume Adjust range, now (0-30), allowing better target response.
- Threshold adjustment, with a range of -5 to 25, allowing the user to set threshold to level where slight variations from either very small shallow, or very large deep, targets can be noticed.
- Fast recovery Pin-Point with variable tone and graphical indicator.
- Depth indicator, updates continuously, even in Pinpoint mode.
- Positive reflective LCD display.
- 4 x AA battery system
- Ultra lightweight, balanced design (only 1.3kgs).
Price includes Headphones, Coil cover, control box cover & free delivery
(mainland UK except Scottish Highlands -Call for prices)